Health & Safety
BDA Inc. is proud of our zero lost time incident record (LTI). Our Health & Safety Manager, together with the BDA Joint Health and Safety Committee (JHSC), work together to ensure the safety and well-being of all workers, staff and visitors to our sites and offices. Our President, Lewis Cowan, and Vide President of Site Management, Domenic Peragine, oversee all site related matters.
Our Health & Safety Program includes:
- Policy statements (Health & Safety, Return to Work, Violence & Harassment, and Substance Abuse) that are supported through implementation of our Health and Safety Manual. These documents are updated at least yearly;
- a continuous program of training, ensuring current regulations are implemented through our competent staff;
- weekly safety talks with every trade on every project;
- daily identification and mitigation of hazards on our sites;
- weekly and monthly inspections leading to analysis, improvements, and dissemination of knowledge throughout BDA; review and recommendations made under the JHSC.
- quarterly meetings with all supervisors and skilled labour workforce, keeping them abreast of changes to safety laws, regulations and best practices.
- Conducting at least an annual audit of our Health and Safety Program.
League of Champions is a partnership with the OGCA to promote a safety culture, and build awareness in industry. We have been a member of League of Champions since 2017 and support the League through acknowledgement by signing of the “BDA Jersey” and attending various events to schools and OGCA special events.
We have health and safety accreditation through ContractorCheck and ComplyWorks. These certifications verify that we comply with our clients’ health and safety policies as well as our own health and safety policies and procedures, provide training as necessary, and have provided evidence of our insurance compliance.
We are proud to have attained COR™ certification of recognition in Ontario.
BDA has participated in the WSIB Safety Excellence Program since 2021.